22 April 2010

SOMETHING I MISS

Barcelona (or even Valencia or Madrid), just me and D eating patatas bravas and drinking sangria; or perhaps sampling the local cheese and drinking good, cheap red wine with other backpackers; or maybe searching the streets to find some surprisingly elusive xurros amb xocolata/churros con chocolate.

I'm trying to make salsa brava, but I don't have a trusted recipe and I don't have much in the way of ingredients. We'll see how it goes!

*

Tomorrow we're walking. It marks the start of a long-term, pie-in-the-sky goal for me, which some of you know and others don't need to know. All we'll share for now is that it is the first day walk in a series that will take us to Warburton from Thornbury along the Yarra, through the suburbs, then along the Lilydale-Warburton trail.

*

There have been some spectacular clouds and sunsets in Melbourne over the last week or so. Here's a sunset from earlier this month.

brunswick sunset 1

narnia in brunswick east

No comments:

Post a Comment