29 April 2011

TOOTHBRUSHES

A few weeks ago a post on Simple Green Frugal Co-Op mentioned replaceable head toothbrushes as a more environmentally sound option to always disposing of the whole brush. I've thought about getting one before, but it's always seemed like quite a commitment - what if I don't like the style of the brush? Anyway, I checked out the comments on the post and there were some other suggestions - notably The Environmental Toothbrush. The handle is made of plantation bamboo and is thus fully biodegradable. Also, it comes in a pack of 12 for $36 . . . with free shipping within Australia. I ordered some!

They arrived today, and I've brushed my teeth once. The soft bristles are fine, the size of the head is OK (not too big - I have such a small mouth that sometimes I prefer to use kids toothbrushes!), the handle feels nice to hold. If I remember, I'll let people know how the brush holds up over the coming months.

Here are some photos (low quality from my computer!) of the big un-wrap!

The Environmental Toothbrush (1)

The Environmental Toothbrush (2)

The Environmental Toothbrush (3)

The Environmental Toothbrush (4)

The Environmental Toothbrush (5)

The Environmental Toothbrush (6)

2 comments:

  1. I use an electric toothbrush which has replaceable heads and has lasted for...6 years so far? This looks really cool - I'm trying to use more plantation bamboo products since I bought a bamboo chopping board and found it was not only from a renewable resource and bio-degradable, but had nice give that helped my arthritic hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never used an electric toothbrush before, they always seemed so fancy!

    if you're in melbourne, drop by and i'll give you a trial brush!

    ReplyDelete